Friday, June 4, 2010

Review : Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream

BB creams have been around the block several years now and seem to be a popular replacement to foundation. BB stands for "blemish balm" and were initially developed as a moisturiser in Germany for patients suffering from skin irritation after undergoing microdermabrasion or laser treatment. It was in Korea that they created a cosmetic product from the original and these bb creams started gaining a huge following.



I recently picked up my first bb cream from Sasa. I just couldn't resist the cute and pink packaging :-) Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream is marketed as a moisturiser, makeup base and foundation in one. It sounded pretty good especially for times when I need to rush.



What they say:
This makes a clean and natural skin tone by being absorbed into your skin with a soft feel of use. This enables speedy makeup because of not needing to apply makeup base or foundation. Ingredients such as bisaborol, licorice root acid derivatives, allantoin, etc. soothe your skin and ingredients such as jojoba oil, macadamia nut oil, hyaluronic acid derivatives, vegetable collagen, etc. keep your skin wet and smooth.



When I tested the bb cream on the back of my hand, I noticed that it appeared a little dark. But after lightly rubbing the cream in, it seemed to blend quite well and the texture felt soft. You can see that it offers decent coverage as it managed to hide some spots.




However, it didn't blend very well on my face and stuck onto every dry, flaky bit on my cheeks and forehead. I usually apply moisturiser and sunscreen beforehand so it's not like I used the bb cream on its own. The above photo was taken after spritzing a fine mist of Shu Uemura Depsea Water and tapping and blending some more. It was worse before and looked really terrible.

It did help hide some of the redness and spots though. Oil control is fairly decent and it lasted quite well throughout the day with minimal blotting. Although it contains titanium dioxide, it is not stated if it has any actual SPF so I'm not sure if it offers any sun protection. It is not a perfect match for my skin tone and falls on the yellow / warm side.

It would probably work better when my skin is less dry. It is not a bad product but is just not doing it for me at the moment.

Availability :
Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream is sold at Sasa for RM90 each. It comes in a 50ml tube with a pump at the end. I think there's only one shade available so it may not work on darker skin tones.