Sunday, August 7, 2011

Favourite Five for July


I will be doing a Favourite Five every month highlighting products I have enjoyed the previous month. To kick off, I'll start with several products I have been using for a while now.

1. Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm
This lip balm is petroleum free and has a lovely rose scent that's rather uplifting. It is a rich balm and feels slightly greasy so it's probably not a good lip balm to use below lipsticks or glosses as it provides plenty of slip. It helps soothe my dry, cracked lips and makes my smackers feel quite soft.

2. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
I have been using this moisturiser on and off for many years and it was only late last year that I started using this daily. This is my all-time favourite moisturiser because it hydrates well and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It is multi-purpose and can double up as a quick 5-minute mask at times when my skin is feeling a little parched. It may not contain anti-ageing properties but I prefer to use serums to address such matters.

3. Shu Uemura Stage Performer Instant Glow
This product is meant to be a light-diffusing base or face primer. It may work well as a moisturiser too because it contains some moisturising properties so those with oily skin will find this alone to be enough. It imparts a soft-focus glow and enables my foundations to go on more smoothly. Some folks find the cream to be a little thick but if you use sparingly, it shouldn't feel heavy at all.

4. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus
This serum claims to reduce lines and wrinkles caused by sun damage. I got a bottle almost a year ago and used it religiously day and night during the first 4 weeks. I believe it improved the overall appearance of my skin. I do not have many wrinkles or lines on my face, so I'm not exactly sure if it helped reduce them. I recently started to use this on my neck and I think the lines have smoothened out.

5. Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation
I did a review (link) a few months ago and it's a keeper for sure. It is lightweight and offers medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish. Oil control is fairly decent and it doesn't oxidise on me. I have received a few compliments on how nice my skin looked and it's mostly due to this foundation.


So, what have you been lovin' lately?