Saturday, June 4, 2011

INGLOT at Sunway Pyramid and A Little Blurb on Freedom System

*** warning : this post is pic heavy ***


* Inglot store entrance *

A few weeks ago, ParisB informed me that Inglot was opening soon at Sunway Pyramid. Unlike her, I live close to Sunway so it's not much of an issue for me to get there. Inglot Cosmetics is a Polish makeup brand I have only read about in the beauty blogosphere. They are known for their huge selection of colours and the Freedom System, that allows you to combine different colours into palettes. I believe the store opened its doors on 27th May but I was away at that time and couldn't check it out until this evening.

When I say colours, I really mean colours!


* eyeshadows for square palette *

* lip colours for round palette *


* lipsticks, glosses, balms and tints *

* huge variety of foundation shades *


* blushes and highlighters *

* pigment powders *

* eye brushes *

* nail polish colours *

I apologise for the poor picture quality as these were taken with my phone because I forgot to bring my camera along. But do you see the sheer quantity of colours? In varying finishes to boot. I was so impressed with the quality of the eyeshadows and they had the sort of colours I've been looking for, so I came home with a few different shades.

What surprised me most was the pricing. A single square eyeshadow costs RM28 for 2.5g of product. I actually had to ask the SA to repeat herself when she told me the price because I couldn't quite believe it. The Freedom System consists of magnetic palettes in various sizes for different colour combinations. The palette themselves range from RM16 to RM43. Considering that I have paid loads more for eyeshadow palettes with lesser product, Inglot Cosmetics have definitely won a place in my heart for their reasonable pricing and high quality products.

I played around with quite a number of colours before deciding what to take home with me. I had been looking for some cool browns and taupe shades. Inglot offers so many choices that I had a really hard time deciding. Sadly, I couldn't stay long because le hubby was waiting outside the store and I had to hurry the SA along too.

The Freedom System is a really cool concept and appeals to my inner geek. There are different palette sizes ranging from 2 to 60 (!) pans but I think the biggest available at the store is up to 10 pans. You pick the colours you want and pop them into the magnetic palette. The magnet is quite strong and your products should not fall out. I turned the palette upside down and shook it quite vigorously but the eyeshadows didn't budge.


The eyeshadow single comes in a plastic sleeve and it is easily taken out. And all you do next is to pop it into your palette.



One of the best parts about the Freedom System is its stackability. I love having a well organised stash and really appreciate the uniformity of these palettes. I chose the 4-pan palette (RM27 each) because it is more travel-friendly.

* two palettes stacked *

If you are a fan of colours or have been hunting for a particular shade of lipstick or eyeshadow, I'd recommend paying Inglot Cosmetics a visit. You will likely find something you want. Also, the prices won't break the bank. You can start with a palette and pick one or two colours first, and then go back for more and slowly build your own Freedom System.

I will write a more in-depth review of the eyeshadows in the future. But so far, I am extremely impressed with the texture, colour pay-off and quality. I already plan to go back for more colours, maybe grays and blues, but I honestly need to be on an eyeshadow ban (!) for the next three months. I have at least 10 unused palettes in my stash, which are mostly limited edition collections from various brands. Maybe I should start gifting a couple away so I won't feel so bad :-)